Thursday, September 11, 2014

A lifetime of love

Recently my Wifes Mother would die, only a short two weeks after my Gurls arrival in the states.
She handled it well, better than I would have being so far from home. I cannot imagine, even with my travel background having something like that on my mind.

She of course misses her mom, as it is hard to not just pick up the phone and call her any longer, but she is not alone.
Despite leaving four boys and a daughter behind, Pedrina also left someone who was always in her heart, her husband.

Filipina are loving caring woman who often cater to their man, every day without fail she would cook a meal for her family, while this may not seem like such a big deal to us westerners, in a country where most people fail to eat a full meal every day, this indeed is a grand thing.

She was also a consummate worrier, wanting the best for her children and with a nice guiding hand she would try to push her children forward to the happiest of lives. She would stay up late and fret over that which she had no control "why is my son dating this girl, and why are they not doing this"

She would guide my gurl to me, telling her to put aside petty anger as it is short lived, but love is long.

Unfortunately she also left behind her Husband Gorge. A bit wild, he likes to gamble and drink but has always provided for his family, again something which is lost upon us in the west.

Since she has moved on, he is left alone, his close by sisters quick to take up the role and make sure he is fed and cared for, but it has not been the same.

Since his soul mate has left him, he has quit drinking, and for the past three months since she left this earth, he has spent every morning, and evening at her grave, gently talking to his wife, his words lost upon the wind.

I think we all can learn from that, and all can dream of such a marriage. It truly is a lesson that despite our shortfalls, there is always someone who is there for us, day in and day out, accepting us for who we are, often those people are someone we look past until they are gone, then the heavy loneliness sinks in upon us.

I do believe in next lives, and with a love as strong as they, I believe they will meet again in the next life, for how can they not? Two souls intertwined in destiny, surely they shall be guided to each other once again.




No comments:

Post a Comment