Friday, February 23, 2018

Comparing a Mass Shooter to a Military Legend, a case against certain weapons in society.

I get the Pro Gun Argument, I probably perpetuated nearly all of them save the "Arming the Teacher" nonsense, I have and always will be against that pile of idiocy.
There is one argument I never thought I would agree with, that semi automatic weapons are too much for civilians, that they do allow mass body counts.
I repeated things I had heard as well as my own training, that magazine size does not matter as someone skilled can change in a heartbeat, this is true, and I still believe it, but I want you to consider this.
Paddock, the complete nutbag coward in Las Vegas who killed nearly 60 people and wounded almost a thousand. Now the NRA crowd keeps saying Bump Stocks are useless and if he had a scoped rifle he would have caused even more carnage. The Accuracy thing I get being a practitioner of precision shooting myself, but it is not realistic, here is the person to compare him to.
Before Kris Kyle was the Marine Legend of Carlos Hathcock. Carlos was not only one of the nations most celebrated snipers, he was also a winner of the Prestigious Wimbledon cup. No not the same as the Tennis match, but rather one of the greatest pillars of precision shooting.
Carlos managed to amass some 93 Confirmed kills in Vietnam nearly all using Bolt Action Rifles, a Pre 64 Winchester and a Model 700 Remington 300 Win Mag, for the laymen both are .30 cal of different power. He would literally rewrite the book on sniping and was the first to integrate the 50 cal BMG round as a sniping round. Make no mistake he was a master of his craft and a legend for a reason, but here is the problem.
Paddock, an overweight ass clown in his 60s managed to amass over half of Hathcocks legendary kills in 15 minutes, with an Ar15 often called a "Poodle Shooter" by Military Experts who consider the Caliber of 5.56 (.223) to be woefully under powered. Those same people are quick to point out how useless the Bump Stock truly is.
Well that all sounds good on paper, but when a untrained fat ass accomplishes so much carnage in just a few minutes, I would have to say without a doubt they are wrong. I was wrong.
SO here we are with a Weapon and hundreds of others capable of the same carnage sitting in the safes of Millions of Americans. To be fair 99.9 will never use this weapon as anything other than a paper puncher, which is good, but it is that one person litterally in a million that uses these weapons wrong that we are worried about.
Paddock was a legal firearms purchaser as were many other of these shooters, they were at one time that every day person none of us thought were capable of doing what they did, but they did.
As a safety issue I get what Medical Professionals for some time have been saying, these do not belong in the common mans hands in their households, I agree.
To what purpose do we have them? To revolt? Lets not be silly, the bulk of the people with these weapons also vote against the rest of their freedoms time and time again. These are the same people who are cheering as people are finally rounded up and shipped from our soil.
So if they are not used to protect us, what good are they?
Do they need to be removed completely from society? I dono, I am in a strange place mentally right now but I think being locked at a secure range is a good start.
you do not lose your constitutional Right to be armed, but we do stop what being armed so far has not been able to, keeping guns out of the hands of the wrong people at the wrong time.



No comments:

Post a Comment