Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sorry Democrats, it's time to stop pretending that Black people cannot make it without assistance.

As a businessman there is nothing that galled me more than hearing people cannot make it.
Mind you I realize that time and circumstances mean everything, however anyone who takes chances and works hard in America, can create a better life for themselves.  Is it always the life you wanted? No, but you can  do better than your previous life, so long as you understand failure is also part of that chance.
Mind you I am nothing special, but I do have a some properties and paid cash for motorized toys  and even vehicles that others have had to get loans for, that does count for something right?
I also want to mention that my Grandmother and Great   Aunt both went to Business College in the early 1940s, so don't give me the "you cannot"  line.

But let us not take away from my main point, that we have been told a vicious lie for decades, that black people or Minorities are not only incapable, but they need the guiding hand of Government in every way shape or form, handouts are a must.
Now I want to be clear, I am not against some assistance and in  this regard I will quote someone I fucking hate, I mean I hate "It is as absurd to think  that minorities always need a helping hand as it is to think that white people never will"   Yea,  it's a pretty goddamn solid statement though, isn't it?

Now before I get going in all this, I want to be clear, I do not use the term "African American" as I partially share Teddy Roosevelt's sentiment on "Hyphenated Americans" nevertheless my main problem with the term is it  is racist in and of itself. It fails to give people of darker skin a standing as just Americans, they are still  referred to as someone from someplace else and that is damned wrong.

So lets look over some history and people who made it big, proving this lie wrong. 

James Forten (cropped).jpg
Let s look at Mr James Forten, who was a prominent Sail Maker at the ned of the revolutionary war.
He would create a very powerful reputation for himself as well as being a very wealthy man in Philadelphia. But damn you say, he was born a freeman, well that's true, b ut then again so are all black people in America today.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Forten

From the formerly a slave  end of things we have one of my Idols, and a man wh o made America  something of what it is today , Mr Fredrick Douglas.
Frederick Douglass - Narrative, Quotes & Facts - HISTORY
Mr Douglas was born a slave and would finally work himself to freedom. Not only did he  become a man of good standing, but he was named as the Vice Presidential Candidate of the first woman to run for President in the United States,  under Ms Victoria Woodhull.
Fredrick was not overly impressed with this nomination, however  you would have to know this mans greatness to understand why.
His book "Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglas an American Slave" is outstanding, please check it out.
https://www.biography.com/activist/frederick-douglass

Mr Garrett Morgan;
Garrett was the first black man in America to own an Automobile. A genius he would help invent an item every single person in the US uses almost daily, a Traffic light.
Mind you he was not the first, but he did create and improve upon a design of others, and to outdo the others, his was Electric. He would make bank selling his patent to GE for a staggering 40k in 1923!
He also invented the Gas Mask and improved the Sewing Machine, which helped put him on the map to begin with.
https://www.biography.com/inventor/garrett-morgan


How Business Executive Madam C. J. Walker Became a Powerful ...
Next the first Self Made Female Millionaire goes to Madam CJ Walker;
An orphan, she would make  her  name by developing a line of female Hair Care  sending her to the Millionaire Status way back in the early 1900s, with her first venture on her own in 1905

Are you starting to get it ? Without giving you a complete history of the black people in America, I am going to fast forward to today.
The richest Self Made Woman in America currently is also a Black Woman named Oprah Winfrey, yea we all have heard of her, she did not come to much but everyone, and I mean everyone knows her name.

The highest paid Entertainer in 2011 was  none other than mr  Tyler Perry,  yea I never got his "Madea" movies much either, nevertheless he created quite a name for himself .
Amazon.com: Souza Portrait US President Barack Obama Photo Art ...
Last but not least,  we have former President Barack Obama;
Now we all know a bit about Barak, however most of what we know is sadly wrong, while I was no fan of his, coming from a Mother who at one time was on Welfare, to working in an Ice Cream shop to of course the most Powerful Position in the world, is an achievement that  should grant anyone admiration regardless of skin color, or of course economic standing.
His book "Dreams of my Father" sucked though, talk about boring.

Now what is the excuse to keep perpetuating a myth ?
There is none.
I get Jim Crow and I understand there is discrimination, welcome to the club. I was not hired at a Job for Prudential Insurance as I refused to check the" African American" box.
I was not  black, but they thought I was mulatto and wanted the tax incentive.
because of my darker skin and shaved head I was not allowed into many a public restroom, something I did not realize until I married a minority myself.
 So yea, I do recognize there is racism, it comes on all sides and in all flavors.
That is not the point here, the point is, if you want to create a better life for yourself, get out and make it!









No comments:

Post a Comment